Challenge Awards Overview
THANKS TO AMERIGROUP FOUNDATION, ANTHEM BLUE CROSS AND BLUE SHIELD FOUNDATION, AND CAREMORE FOUNDATION FOR THEIR GENEROUS SUPPORT OF AWARD FUNDS TO CLARK COUNTY SCHOOLS DURING THE OCTOBER 1-31 FIRE UP YOUR FEET ACTIVITY CHALLENGE!
FINAL CHALLENGE AWARDS
Final Challenge Awards are calculated by the following formula: Total number of students, parents/guardians and school staff that tracked during the Challenge period, divided by school enrollment. Schools are not able to win 1st place two challenges in a row. If a school wins a first-place award the previous Challenge, they are eligible to win all other awards including 2nd and 3rd place. Award categories and criteria may be subject to change; questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1 $1,000 first place award
1 $800 second place award
1 $500 third place award
One $250 Rookie of the Year Award: Any brand new school (participating in Fire Up Your Feet for the first time) with a minimum of 20 participants tracking at least one activity during the 2017 Fall Activity Challenge is eligible. These schools will be entered in a drawing to win this award.
One $150 Comeback Award: Any school that did not participate in the 2017 Spring Activity Challenge, but participated in a past Challenge, will be entered in a drawing to win this award. These schools must include a minimum of 20 participants tracking at least one activity during the 2017 Fall Activity Challenge.
$600 1st Place and $500 Runner Up 60 Minutes a Day Award: These two awards will be awarded to the schools with the most days of at least 10 participants tracking 60 minutes or more of physical activity during the 30 day challenge. Schools will earn one point for each day that they have at least 10 participants tracking over sixty minutes of daily physical activity. At the end of the challenge, each school’s total points will be added up. The school with the most points will win $600 and the runner up will win $500. In the event of a tie, the school’s daily totals of minutes of physical activity will be summed; the school with the highest amount of minutes will win the tie. Award categories and criteria may be subject to change; questions should be directed to email@example.com.
One $500 Walk/Bike/Roll to School Day Award: If your school is participating in Walk/Bike to School Day on October 4, 2017, track your activity for a chance to win! Schools tracking any form of active transportation (i.e., walking, biking, and/or rolling) activity for 20 or more students on October 4th, 2017 will be entered into a drawing for this award. All entries must be submitted by October 12th.
One $300 Walk & Bike to School Award: The school with the highest percent of participants that tracked walking during the month will win. Awards based on the percentage of parents, students and school staff using the online activity tracker recording walking divided by school enrollment.
One $300 Healthy Clark County Award: The school with the most overall minutes of physical activity logged will win this award. To be eligible, schools must include a minimum of 20 participants tracking at least one activity during the 2017 Fall Activity Challenge.
One $100 Share Your Story Award: The benefits of physical activity go well beyond the numbers on the tracker, scoreboard, or scale. At the core of Fire Up Your Feet is the heart, soul and commitment that each individual brings to nurturing healthy, active kids and thriving schools. We invite you to share how your Fire Up Your Feet program is helping your school get fired up for active lifestyles! Please share a short narrative (minimum 5-10 sentences) about how Fire Up Your Feet helped your school increase physical activity or created new champions for health and wellness. For inspiration, please read the story submitted by the winner of the Fall 2016 Share Your Story award.
How to enter: Submit your story using this Google form by November 2, 2017 at 5:00pm PT. Since we love seeing schools get in on the action, photos or videos are strongly encouraged. Submit accompanying photos and videos to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 2, 2017 at 5:00pm PT. Please make sure your email comes from the same address as the one listed on your official form entry. Limit one response per person.
(Note: Nevada and Michigan schools are eligible to compete for these awards.)
PeopleForBikes Award: A $100 PeopleForBikes award will go to the top school with the highest percentage of participants tracking bicycle activity with a minimum of 20 participants tracking bicycling activity.
SPARK Physical Education Award: The school that tracks the highest total minutes spent in “SPARK physical education” will receive a Sportime PE Starter Pack (choice of K-2, 3-6, 6-8) (value $419.99-$799.99). Schools with a minimum of 20 participants tracking SPARK Physical Education are eligible.
I’m Safe Awards: The winner of this award (1st place) will receive $500 of free I’m Safe print, banner, or digital products. There will also be a 2nd place winner ($250 of I’m Safe products) and 3rd place winner ($100 of I’m Safe products). To enter, submit a short narrative (photos/videos strongly encouraged) describing:
- How your school (staff, parents, and/or students) promoted safety around walking or bicycling to/from school during the Fire Up Your Feet Activity Challenge.
- If you won $500 of I'm Safe products, which items would you select and how would you use I'm Safe products to promote and encourage safety at your school?
Submissions are due by 5:00pm PT on November 2, 2017. Click here to submit.
Note: When I’m Safe awards are made, if the prize is not claimed within 30 days, it will be offered to the next runner up.
Dero Bike Rack Award: This award will go to the school with the school with the highest total minutes of biking activity logged during the Activity Challenge. Schools with a minimum of 20 participants tracking bicycling are eligible. The winning school will receive a Dero “Bike Bike Rack” ($467 value).
mybackpacktags® Walking Award:The school with the most total minutes spent walking during the Activity Challenge will receive one set of six mybackpacktags® items (walk, bike, bus, car, & two carabiners) for up to 150 students ($540 value). Schools with a minimum of 20 participants tracking walking are eligible, and the award must be used for entire grade level or multiple grade levels.
Peaceful Playgrounds Playground Activity Award: The school that tracks the most total minutes spent in playground activity/recess will receive a staff training from Peaceful Playgrounds on “Bullying Prevention OR Playground Supervision" (choice of winner, $499.99 value). Schools with a minimum of 20 participants tracking “Playground Activity/Recess” are eligible.
CALCULATING THE AWARDS
- Awards will be calculated by the Safe Routes to School National Partnership and awarded to a qualified school group such as a PTA, PTO, school, school district, or school foundation. Awards will not be made to individuals.
- Awarded funds must be spent on activities/uses related to the school’s health and wellness goals.
- In order to be included in the award calculation registered parents, students, and school staff must track their activity at least once during the Challenge period.
- Schools must have a minimum of 20 participants tracking one activity to be considered for a 1st,2nd, or 3rd tier Challenge Award and any breakout or national awards as noted.
- In the event of a tie, a drawing will determine the awardee.
- School groups receiving the award will be required to complete an acknowledgement form. Checks are valid for 90 days after issued.
- Schools are not able to win 1st place two challenges in a row. If a school wins a first-place award the previous Challenge, they are eligible to win all other awards including 2nd and 3rd place. Award categories and criteria may be subject to change; questions should be directed to email@example.com.
- Schools are not able to win the same national award two challenges in a row. If a school wins a first-place national award from the previous Challenge, they are eligible to win 2nd and 3rd place (if applicable).
- Schools are able to win the same breakout awards even if they have won in the previous Challenge.
MORE ABOUT AWARDS
Participation levels may be subject to change in order to ensure a fair and equitable process. Valid activity for the fall challenge can be entered through November 2 at 5:00pm PST. For full details on awards criteria, click here.
Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Schools in Clark County, Nevada are eligible for awards.